PLACES TO VISIT
A small and friendly town, in which the usual Portuguese convent pastries are not lacking, in all small cafes and terraces overlooking the Monastery of Alcobaça.
No less appealing in this city is the theme of the love experienced between King Dom Pedro and Inês de Castro. The Alcobaça Monastery is one of the most well-known European Cistercian abbeys. It was classified by UNESCO in 1989.
From the 12th century, and closely linked to the foundation and expansion of Portugal and its territory, it impresses visitors for its simplicity and light, but also for its greatness; the austerity of architectural features and the breathtaking details carved on stone of the tombs of Pedro and Inês de Castro - two magnificent tombs built to immortalized this tragic love.
What can we say about this fishermen village?
Nazaré. Legends and pilgrimages since Middle Ages; adventure with big waves and world surf records; a dazzling view over the blue sea.
The view from the top of the cliff "Sítio da Nazaré" over the Atlantic Ocean is breathtaking. But it's also in this hilltop that we'll find the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Nazaré - from 17th century - where we have a painted wooden black Virgin statue - and the Ermida da Memória [a Memorial Chapel] built in 14th century where - according to a local legend this statue was found underneath and venerated by pilgrims, since then, through times.
It's it believed that this statue was brought here from Mérida, in Spain, in 8th century.
PRICE PER PERSON
2 PERSONS - 70€ | 3 PERSONS - 60€ | 4 to 8 PERSONS - 50€
Children up to 12 - 30€
- The tour starts at 9h00 or 14h00
- Minimum of 2 adults to make the tour
- The duration of the tour with the guided visits is 4 hours
- Passenger and luggage transportation in SUV or Van, with AC
- Half Day of private tour with guide service in Portuguese, English or Spanish
- Bottle of water / 33 cl / per person
- Travel insurance
- Pickup and Drop Off in Fátima, Alcobaça, Nazaré or Batalha
- If the start and end of the tour is from Tomar, Óbidos or Leiria, € 50 (per group) will be added to the price shown per person
- Accommodation and meals
- Tickets to National Monuments or any other
- Personal expenses
- Everything that is not described in the Included section