Caves and Natural Monument of Dinosaur Footprints
Explore Serra de Aire e Candeeiros National Park
4 hours/from 50€
PLACES TO VISIT
Mira de Aire Caves
Mira de Aire Caves
Approximately one hour from Lisbon you have one of Portugal Natural Seven Wonders. The route through Serra de Aire Natural Park has breath taking views...
What are you waiting for? Explore Mira de Aire Caves.
The formations date back as far as 150 million years ago. 11 km long where you can appreciate, visiting only some of the: stalactites and stalagmites; formations as ‘The Jellyfish’, ‘The Martian’ and ‘The Organ’; ‘The Big Room’; ‘The Majestic Dome’ and the black river which runs to ‘The Great Lake.
683 hand carved step to get down. Don't worry don't worry there is an elevator to bring us back to the surface.
The Sauropods were here!
These potent animals; herbivores and quadrupeds had a small head and long tail and neck. They left their footprints - with a well-defined shape - about 175 millions years ago in Serra de Aire Natural Park.
20 tracks to explore. One of them with 147 meters length.
A Paleontological Sanctuary.
PRICE PER PERSON
2 PERSONS - 65€ | 3 PERSONS - 55€ | 4 to 8 PERSONS - 50€
Children up to 12 - 30€
- The tour starts at 9h00 or 14h00
- Minimum of 2 adults to make the tour
- The duration of the tour is 4 hours
- Passenger and luggage transportation in SUV or Van, with AC
- Half day of private tour in Portuguese, English or Spanish
- Bottle of water / 33 cl / per person
- Travel insurance
- Pickup and Drop Off in Fátima
- If the start and end of the tour is from Tomar, Batalha, Alcobaça, Nazaré or Leiria, € 50 (per group) will be added to the price shown per person
- If the start and end of the tour is from Óbidos, € 60 (per group) will be added to the price shown per person
- Accommodation and meals
- Tickets to National Monuments or any other
- Personal expenses
- Everything that is not described in the Included section